Sunday, January 1, 2012

dear fern, just a little update and a big belly.

Dear Fern,

You seem to be quite cozy in your nesting spot in my belly, but things are getting super tight in there and it's hard to believe that my belly could possibly stretch anymore - it already feels like it's going to explode...literally.  Every time I sneeze or couch it hurts.  Not cool.  

This is what my belly looked like just the other day.  The photo really doesn't do it justice, but tomorrow I'll be going to get maternity photos taken with your Auntie Lisa so that one day you can appreciate just how ginormous I got for you.  I'm starting to get stretch marks, which I'm a little sad about, but I promise I'll try not to lord it over you when you're older and remind you of all that I went through for you...although it may be difficult :).



I had a terrible stomach flu this past Friday and went to the birthing center to check up on you.  Luckily you were A-OK, but having the stomach flu when you're 37 weeks pregnant is not the greatest.  You've pushed my stomach up into my lungs and it feels so strange...weirdest stomach flu ever.  It only lasted 24 hours though, which was the good news and I guess I can't complain all that much since I did go an entire 37 weeks without throwing up, which is a lot more than most mamas can say.

Love you lots.

Love, 
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment